Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ireland 2010 - The rest of the trip

I'm sorry that my posts stopped as soon as Troy arrived in Ireland. Two things happened. One I had someone to hang out with at night while Madison was sleeping and two the reunion started. The O'Docharitaigh (O'Doherty) reunion takes place every five years in Ireland on the Inishowen peninsula in County Donegal. My mom is the reunion coordinator. So needless to say, the rest of my family spends a lot of time helping out during the 10 day reunion. We had a great time. Meeting tons of new Doherty connections and seeing some great sights. Troy, Madison, and I went to Dublin for a few days to visit Maddie's Godmother Niamh. It was so fun to explore the city and spend some time with Niamh. Madison also discovered her love of Irish music and dancing. ha! She is riot! I have a ton of pictures that will follow in the next post. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: