I've loved figure skating for as long as I can remember. I love it because my mom loves it. She grew up skating and even trained in the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs, CO. Whenever we are able to go to the ISU figure skating competitions. We've been to Halifax, St. John's, Washington D.C., Calgary, and Colorado Springs (to name a few) to attend. This year Skate America we were able to attend Skate America in Portland.


Carolina Kostner of Italy happens to be Cassidy's favorite skater, so naturally I had to take several pictures of her for Miss Dee Dee.


Troy has several cousins that live in the Portland area. We were able to meet up for lunch. It was so fun to see everyone and catch up, but to be completely honest, I loved seeing Kaiden. She is getting so BIG!! And she is such a toddler now. No more Baby Kaiden...kind of sad.


Kaiden and Aunt Elle
I'm going to be real honest with you right now. I enjoy watching skating, but the real reason that I love going on these skating trips is the food! We went to a restaurant in NE Portland called Papa Haydn. HOLY CRAP! Dessert central. I'm not even kidding, there were at least 40 desserts on the menu. AMAZING!!

My fellow dessert eaters...

Arden and Eva

Nick J

Annie and Me

My Banana Cream Pie

Mom's Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake

Annie's Chocolate Cube

Nick wouldn't wait to let me take a picture of his dessert. He had Neapolitan. It was strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate ice cream with yellow cake.

Annie had a hard time figuring out how to eat hers...hahaha!
1 comment:
Holy cow those desserts are FANCY! DD was excited to see Carolina skate as well.
Post a Comment