Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

I wanted to make cinnamon rolls today and I asked Tiffany for a recipe and this is what she sent me. They were amazing!!! Huge hit! I do have a little side story to tell. I started making these early this morning so they would be ready for breakfast. Well I either pulled a muscle in my neck or have a pinched nerve, either way I was unable to finish them. My wonderful husband stepped in and took over. So all the credit for these amazing cinnamon rolls goes to him. Thanks honey!!!

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

Rolls
1 ¼ oz. active dry yeast
1 C warm milk
½ C sugar
1/3 C margarine melted
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
4 C flour

Filling
1 C brown sugar
2 ½ Tbs. cinnamon
1/3 C margarine, softened

Icing
½ C margarine softened
1 ½ C powdered sugar
¼ C or 2 oz. of cream cheese
½ tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Mix together the sugar, margarine, salt and eggs. Add flour and mix well

Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.

Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough flat until 21 inches long and 16 inches wide. It should be about ¼ inch thick.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

For the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread the softened margarine evenly over the surface of the dough, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.

Roll the dough from the top down to the bottom edge.

Cut the rolled dough into 1 ¾ inch slices and place 6 at a time evenly space in a lightly greased baking pan. Let rolls rise again for 30 minutes. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.

For the icing mix all ingredients. Beat well until fluffy. Frost rolls when they get out of the oven.

No comments: