Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I have a TODDLER!!!

I had to take the last week and half to settle into this idea that Madison is one. So sorry if you were waiting on pictures from her big day. Her mom is lazy...hahaha! She had a wonderful birthday! I can't believe how spoiled our little girl is! But she is the sweetest thing so it all evens out, I guess. We went to Ixtapa for her birthday dinner. It's a Gremmert family tradition (although I have branched out in the last few years. Don't point that out to my parent's that I am breaking tradition. I don't think they have caught on yet. Please and thank you.). We decided to do her birthday party on the weekend for two reasons. One she decided to come 11 days early last year, so her birthday is two days before the IRS filing deadline and I was managing my mom's office again this year so needless to say I was a little busy that day. And two it was a Tuesday. Who has a party on a Tuesday? Well in true Troy and Karen Linn fashion, we planned her party at the very last minute. Literally. Saturday morning we went to the dollar store here in town to see what they had and boy did we hit the jackpot. Luau decorations everywhere! So I quickly decided that all I ever wanted was for my baby's first birthday to be Hawaiian themed. Troy gave me a budget of $20. Do you even know how much stuff you can get at the dollar store for $20?! I ended up spending $35. hahaha! We then went over to Albertson's to see about a cake. My charming husband wooed Marie the cake decorator into making us a Hawaii cake. She did an amazing job! And in only 30 minutes. They also gave Mad her own personal cake because it was her first birthday. FOR FREE! Love that part! The cakes really set the tone for the party. We couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out. And with a few well placed phone calls, most everyone came in their best Hawaii gear. It was a great day!

I'm going to post the pictures in another post. Because there are seriously so many it would make this post way too long.

No comments: