Saturday, December 13, 2008

Introducing Kaiser to snow...

For the last few days, all the news stations have been talking about a huge winter storm that was supposed to blow into the Seattle area late Friday night. Well this huge storm turn out to be not so huge. Troy and I were a little bummed, so we decided to go up to Stevens Pass to play in the snow. We even convinced Derek to come along with us. We stopped at Zeek's on the way up for burgers and fries (delicioso!). The snow started coming down pretty thick as we headed up the mountain and there were a bunch of cars in the ditch or trying to put chains on in the middle of the road. Lucky for us we were nice and safe in the truck. We even had to tow a SUV that got stuck in the parking lot at Stevens.

We were both so excited to see how Kaiser reacted to snow. He LOVED it! He kept jumping into the big mounds and getting almost completely buried. He would try to eat it and his mouth looked like he had eaten a dozen powdered doughnuts. It was pretty funny watching him run around playing in the snow. Please excuse the quality of the pictures I took. I only had my camera phone.




2 comments:

Mimi said...

I remember the first snows of the season when we lived in West Virginia and Rhode Island. I loved it and of course playing in it with the kids. After the first of it though, I'm ready to going back to no snow. I really dislike the melted snow turning into treacherous ice.

Amy said...

He is the cutest pup! I am jealous that y'all got snow! We are iced over here and that is it!