Sunday, February 14, 2010

Utah 2010

We had our first family vacation just the three of us last month. We spent four days in Utah and had an absolute amazing time. My best friend Amy and her family were there for a winter ski vacation so we decided pretty much at the last minute to go and meet them in SLC.

Tiffy's brother Blake was kind enough to let us stay at his house. We got to meet his girlfriend Estee (WE LOVE ESTEE!!) and hang out with them a bit. It was so great to see Blake. I hadn't seen him in years, but we definitely are kept up to speed on each other's lives via our amazing Tiff. So it was really fun to talk in person and discuss how cute our nephew and nieces are.

Okay so we took a ton of pictures. The next part of my blog is a sampling, if you can call 26 pictures a sampling! haha!

Our first stop. Troy was in heaven. A Sonic and In and Out on the same street.


Maddie and Kaleb together at last!!!


Madison loved her Mimi!


Our first night in SLC, we drove around for hours with Megan. I wanted to show Troy everything. We had a blast. You can't help but have a blast when Megan is around.

Prom picture #1

Prom picture #2
I bought this headband for me, but how cute is it on Madison?! I'm going to figure out how to make the flower. Its a zipper. I know! I'm obsessed with it.
SHE IS ALREADY SNEAKING INTO MY PURSE!!
I worked at the Sundance Resort when I was in college. I loved working there. Driving up Sundance canyon was the highlight of my day. The people I worked with were so fun. It was just a great time in my life. I was so excited to take Troy and Mad around Sundance and show them somewhere that meant so much to me.
One of my favorite views!!!
The BYU bookstore. Amy and I used to go here pretty much everyday and get samples of fudge which you now have to pay for. I don't remember ever paying for it which is why we went everyday. We would also go there to buy pens. We have a weird obsession with pens. I know this isn't the best picture of Amy, Kaleb, and me, but did you see Madison. Too cute!
Pretty much the only picture of Amy and I together and I had to cut the kids out of it. And yes that is a Twilight poster behind us. haha!
Isn't she just so stinkin' cute?! I can hardly stand it!
I love this picture! It was Troy's attempt at a family picture. Maddie could barely keep her eyes open because the snow flakes kept flying at her face.
This is the Christus statue at Temple Square.

Every time I look at this picture I crack up laughing. The walkway up to the Christus statue is a long curved ramp. So Troy thought it would be funny to freak me out on the way down to act like he had let Madison roll down by herself and her stroller fell over at the bottom. Unfortunately for Troy, I saw him laying her over on her side. She was a great sport about hanging there while I got a picture. hahaha!

Can you even see us in the corner? Amy did a great job fitting us in.
I love this temple. I love the history. I love the architecture. I love the symbolism. I love that my parents made sacred covenants here. I love this temple.
Madison thought she was so cool riding this horse. I guess on her first ride while I was in the bathroom, another boy jumped on the back and tried to get a free ride. Troy kicked him off and the kid acted like Troy was the meanest guy ever. haha!


The new SLC t-shirt. I mean seriously! Who thinks of these things? I know someone in my family would. My brother lives in Kentucky and wants to make shirts that say I heart KY. And there is a little town in Ireland called Muff. My dad wants to open a dive shop there and call it Muff Divers. haha! Don't steal his idea. He will do it one day, much to my mother's dismay. Poor Eva.

5 comments:

The Brullooly Family said...

I just love how K is so silly all the time now. Looks like Madison is too (the tipped over stroller....too funny!) Oh, by the way, I also lover the zipper flowers.

http://quirkyandcompany.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-spy-diy-zipper-flower-rosettes.html

Tiffany Gremmert said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time. Sounds like a FAbulous trip. But KK it is 2010 now!

Matt said...

The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree, does it? I love my Gremmert family.

Christina

Karen said...

hahaha! Every year it seriously takes me six months to figure out the date. haha! Thanks for pointing that out Tiff. All fixed now.

Darci said...

What a fun trip! Working at Sundance would be a treat. I love that you squeezed so many great things into your mini vacation.