I happen to really love this holiday. I don't care where I am in the world, it is always a very special day to me. I remember one year when our trip to Ireland had us missing the celebrations in the US. Rosie made sure that everyone had their Old Navy $5 t-shirt and that the house was decorated in red, white, and blue. That is, it was decorated until one of my mom's cousins stopped by for a visit and pointed out that the British flag is red, white, and blue and people might get the wrong idea. ha! Another year we were at my aunt Annie's house watching fireworks when a brush fire started in the backyard. Everyone starting running like crazy to find hoses, buckets, etc. Luckily the fire was out as quickly as it started. I'll never forget the year we got a call right before we started fireworks informing us that Jacob Darrell Gremmert had been born. The firework show was dedicated to him that year. And every year after. Jacob was probably six or seven before he realized that it wasn't his birthday that the whole country was celebrating. He seriously thought that the fireworks were just for him.
This year was another great celebration. We actually got to be in the Carnation 4th of July parade. Rosie was in charge of a float for Bridge of Promise and asked Troy to tow it. Bridge of Promise is a non profit organization that supports people with development disabilities. They do a great day camp every summer with crafts, horseback riding, fishing, swimming, go carts, music, games, etc. So of course when Troy told me that he was towing the float, I started planning the decorations for his truck. The parade was great. There were so many people there. The weather was perfect. After the parade, we went to Ixtapa. Its tradition. Troy, Maddie, and I met up with some friends at Lake Tye later, but didn't last long. Maddie hadn't slept much that day and was a little cranky. Mom, Dad, Nick, and Greg came over later that night for fireworks and s'mores. Troy and Dad gave us a great show. Nick loved every minute of it! Kaiser did not. He hid in the house the whole time. Poor puppy!
Here is a bunch of pictures from the day! Enjoy!
I'm a little obsessed with Maddie...
These next two pictures are from my phone. I just think they are so funny. The picture quality isn't that great, but her face is just so cute. And I love that she looks like she is shaking her fist at me. hahaha!








1 comment:
Maddison is so cute and I love her head full of dark hair! I can see her daddy in her!
Post a Comment