Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson

I have always enjoyed a good Michael Jackson joke. To be honest, I've enjoyed bad ones too. As I watched his memorial service today...yes I watched it, I realized that his life wasn't a joke. He had kids that loved him and miss him, he had brothers and sisters that will mourn the loss of a sibling for the rest of their lives, and he had parents that had to bury a child. It was very emotional to watch his family during the memorial service. I guess I expected it to be a big production with little emotion. I have mixed feelings about him as a person. On one hand, I love his music. I loved the entertainer. But on the other hand, I think he was Wacko Jacko. Regardless of how I personally viewed him, I'm grateful for the opportunity I had this week to reflect on my family. To think about how I would feel if I lost someone close to me. I am so grateful for my faith and the knowledge that I have of an eternal family.

No comments: