This week she started waking up in the morning and just hanging out in her crib cooing and laughing to herself. Troy went in this morning around 11 am to check on her because she still hadn't woken up yet (yes she has taken after her mother in that regard) and this is what he encountered...
Maddie had the worst diaper rash, so she had some naked time to dry out a little. She has started trying to suck on everything and lick stuff. She even french kisses now. I was cracking up because she was trying to eat the towel that I had her laid out on. Oh and yes that is a tattoo. Rosie had temporary tattoos of the Bridge of Promise logo made up to hand out during the parade on the 4th. I figure you are never too young to support a good cause. I may have put one on her lower back as well. Let's just say that her Daddy was not amused and I was not allow to take a picture of her "tramp stamp".
One of my BFF's Stinky (Christina Stevulak) came into town to escape the heat of Texas for a bit...I wish Amy would follow her example. She has a baby boy that is two months older than Maddie. It was so cute to see Maddie and Ethan together. Troy did try to get them to kiss. Maddie was not having it. She starting screaming her head off as soon as Ethan got within kissing range.
My Mom loves it when the grandkids take naps in her bed. So when Maddie went down for her nap at Granny's house, I had to document it for her.
Madison has discovered TV this week. She is fascinated. I was flipping through channels and stopped on The Bonnie Hunt Show which I had never watched before. She started fussing during the first commercial break and then calmed down as soon as Bonnie was back on the screen. I thought it was just a coincidence. But then it happened again on the next commercial break. We got her a bunch of Baby Einstein DVDs and borrowed some church movies from Granny Lucy. She even watched UFC tonight with Troy. She was very excited that Dan Henderson knocked out Michael Bisping.
I have been wanting a Bumbo chair for awhile now, but I just couldn't stomach spending $40 + tax to get one. My Mom said something last week about this great little chair that Tiffany had for Cassidy and she wanted to find one for me. I was really excited when I realized that she meant a Bumbo chair. Mom was totally willing to spend the $40+ but was even more willing to spend $20 when I found it on Craigslist. Maddie really likes it. She gets tired pretty quick because she still doesn't have complete control of her head, but I can tell that she really enjoys sitting up all by herself.
This was the best picture I could get of the three of them. I really need to teach them the fine art of posing.



3 comments:
I LOVE the bumbo....it is the best invention ever!!! Julia let me borrow hers and it is a life saver while I clean the house...Kaleb loves it! I will not let Kaleb know about Maddie's "tramp stamp"...he told me he wants a little lady that is "clean" and "pure"...oh and she can't kiss anyone either, so sorry Ethan!!!
That's it! I've had it! I NEED to meet this little angel. She needs to know her good friend Mia and her mother Alli!
Funny Amy...I love it though. That little girl is adorable and wouldn't it be nice if we could choose the spouses for our kids? You and Amy can have fun planning and hoping though! :-)
Post a Comment